The Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies guarantees that the personal data of users of the web services accessible via the www.santannapisa.it Portal are processed in compliance with legal requirements, as provided by Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, containing the " Personal Data Protection Code", and by Recommendation no. 2/2001 for personal data protection adopted by the European Authorities on May 17, 2001.
Data processing purposes and methods
The collected data are used exclusively for the following purposes:
1. perform the services required by users;
2. provide user support;
3. perform statistical analyses, for the sole purpose of improving the supply of services.
Data processing methods
The data will be processed either manually or with the aid of computers, and, within the limits and conditions laid down in Article 11 of Legislative Decree no. 196/03, will include all the collection, recording, organization, storage, consulting, development, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, cancellation and destruction of data operations (Art. 4, paragraph 1, point a), Legislative Decree no. 196/03).
Data controller and manager
The data controller is the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, with registered office in Pisa, Piazza Martiri della Libertà n. 33.
Data processing location
Data processing for portal services takes place mainly at the seats of Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies.
Performed by identified staff expressly put in charge for the specific purposes of the services requested and subscribed to.
For the data processing in question, the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies may enlist the help of outside companies, consultants, associations, providers of software and services operating through identified and appointed personnel, for the intended purposes and in such a way as to ensure maximum data security and confidentiality.
Communication and dissemination of data
The collected data shall not be released to third parties, except where required and in the manner permitted by law.
Rights of the interested party
With regard to these data, users can exercise their rights under art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, within the limits and conditions laid out by articles 8, 9 and 10 of said Legislative Decree, by sending email to: email@example.com
The interested party has the right to:
- know whether personal data concerning him or her exist or otherwise and know their source;
- be informed by the Data Controller on the purposes and methods of processing his or her data;
- have the Data Controller updates, corrects or integrates the data being processed;
- know the identity of the Data Processing Controller and Manager;
- object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of data concerning him or her;
- request that data processed in violation of the law be blocked.
In order to protect his or her rights, the interested party can act directly against the Data Controller, the Manager, or through the Staff in Charge of processing the data, calling for the restoration of violated rights. In case said parties fail to satisfy the request of the interested party, he or she can enforce his or her rights by applying to the Judicial Authorities or through recourse to the Guarantor.
Internet navigation data
The computer systems used to operate the www.santannapisa.it website acquire automatically some personal data, which are transmitted implicitly through the use of web communication protocols. If processed with data held by third parties, these automatically acquired data may identify the website visitor, as in the case of IP addresses and domain names of computers used when connecting to www.santannapisa.it . These data are usually collected for statistical surveys, managed anonymously and used to facilitate www.santannapisa.it website navigation. They could also be used to ascertain responsibility in case of computer crimes against the portal.
The Judicial Authority may ask the Sant'Anna School to communicate these data in accordance with law.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
Sending email to the addresses listed on this portal involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender's email address, which is necessary in order to respond to requests, and any other personal data included in the mail. The data will be processed based on principles of fairness, legality, transparency and confidentiality protection as stated in Legislative Decree no. 196/03.
Users are advised not to enter into the body of the email sensitive and/or judicial data that are not strictly essential to the provision of services; any sensitive data, if necessary, will be processed in accordance with the principles and measures stated in the “Regulations for the protection of personal data of the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies”.
Personal data are not disclosed to third parties; if requested, they must however be made available to the Postal and Communications Police, the Judicial Authorities and the Judiciary Police.
Cookies created on a visitor's computer do not contain any personal identification data and do not compromise his or her privacy or security.
What types of cookies are there?
For the purposes of the provision of the Guarantor of privacy No. 229 of May 8, 2014, there are two main categories: "technical" cookies and "profiling" cookies.
1) Technical cookies are used only to "carry out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of a company service, of information explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service" (see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code for the Protection of Personal Data).
They may be divided as follows:
- session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website allowing, for example, authentication and access to restricted areas;
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies where used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate, on the number of users and how they visit the website;
- function cookies, which allow browsing according to a set of selected criteria (for example, language) in order to improve the service rendered.
- The use of technical cookies, usually installed by the website owner or manager, does not require the consent of the interested party.
2) Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown while surfing the net. Given the considerable invasiveness in the privacy of users, the European and Italian legislation requires that users be properly informed about their use and express their valid consent.
The use of profiling cookies requires the user's consent.
The provision of the Guarantor also distinguishes between website manager cookies and "third party" cookies, according to the different operators who install cookies on the user's terminal, depending on whether it is the manager of the website that the user is visiting (which may be synthetically indicated as "publisher") or a different website that installs cookies by means of the initial website (so-called "third-parties").
In this respect, the publisher is on the one hand the data controller of the cookies installed directly, and on the other, a technical intermediary between third parties and users. The publisher, however, is exempt from the obligation to provide information and obtain consent to their installation for cookies installed by "third parties".
What cookies does the School use?
The School uses the following types of cookies:
- session cookies: they are temporary and allow users access to personalized services and to take full advantage of the website's features.
- analysis cookies: with the help of Google, they allow the performance of visitors traffic analysis. The information thus gathered has no personal significance as the data are collected and analyzed anonymously. The School makes specific use of Google Analytics cookies in the manner shown on this page.
- social cookies: they are supplied directly from the social media domains that the santannapisa.it website hosts through links to official pages, sharing buttons and links. The use of these buttons involves the exchange of information with these websites, therefore the management of the information and how to eliminate it is regulated by them and the School encourages users to consult the respective privacy policies for each of the websites in question.
- You Tube
How to disable cookies?
One must know that if the cookies are blocked, the use of the www.santannapisa.it website and of some services may be limited; browsing without tracking will be available in all of its features. The following are links on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer: managing cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: eliminating cookies; blocking website cookies
- Google Chrome: managing cookies
- Safari: managing cookies
It is possible to disable the cookies of Google Analytics by visiting the Google web page (Google GaOptOut) and downloading the plug-in for the browser used.