The Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies guarantees that the personal data of users of the web services accessible via the www.santannapisa.it Portal are processed in compliance with legal requirements, as provided by Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 ff.mm., containing the "Personal Data Protection Code", and by EU Regulation no. 679/2016 on General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR”).
The data controller, the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, in person of the pro tempore Rector, with registered office in Pisa, Piazza Martiri della Libertà n. 33, ph. +39.050.883111, email: email@example.com, will process the personal data you may provide during the institutional website navigation.
Data processing purposes and legal basis
The data will be processed either manually or with the aid of computers, and, within the limits and conditions laid down in GDPR in compliance with the principles stated under Article 5 GDPR (i.e. accountability, lawfulness, correctness, minimization, transparency, integrity, accuracy, confidentiality and proportionality) for all the collection, recording, organization, storage, consulting, development, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, cancellation and destruction of data operations.
- Internet navigation data The computer systems used to operate the www.santannapisa.it website acquire automatically some personal data, which are transmitted implicitly through the use of web communication protocols. If processed with data held by third parties, these automatically acquired data may identify the website visitor, as in the case of IP addresses and domain names of computers used when connecting to www.santannapisa.it . These data are usually collected for statistical surveys, managed anonymously and used to facilitate www.santannapisa.it website navigation. They could also be used to ascertain responsibility in case of computer crimes against the portal. The Judicial Authority may ask the Sant'Anna School to communicate these data in accordance with law.
- Data provided voluntarily by the user Sending email to the addresses listed on this portal involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender's email address, which is necessary in order to respond to requests, and any other personal data included in the mail. Users are advised not to enter into the body of the email sensitive and/or judicial data that are not strictly essential to the provision of services; any sensitive data, if necessary, will be processed in accordance with the principles and measures stated by the law.
The collected data are used exclusively for the institutional purposes of the School (article 6, sub e) GDPR) as well as to perform the services required by users; provide user support, and perform statistical analyses, for the sole purpose of improving the supply of services.
Except as specified for navigation data, the user is free to provide or not his personal data. The provision of such data may be necessary to be able to take advantage of some online services.
Please note that the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies may enlist the help of outside companies, consultants, associations, providers of software and services operating through identified and appointed personnel, for the intended purposes and in such a way as to ensure maximum data security and confidentiality, which have been appointed as data processor under article 28 GDPR.
Duration of the data processing and data transfer
The data will be processed for the aforementioned purposes and communicated / be accessible to instructed then authorized employees and collaborators assigned to the competent offices of the Data Controller.
The automatically collected navigation data are kept only for the time necessary (24 hours) to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning and are deleted immediately after processing.
For the retention times of the other data voluntarily given by the data subjects, refer to specific information prepared by the competent Offices.
Data Controller shall communicate your personal data to other public administrations if they have to process the same for any procedures of their own institutional competence, as well as to all those public subjects to whom, in the presence of the relative conditions, the communication is foreseen mandatory by European or national legislation.
Collection and data processing take place on servers located in Italy.
Rights of the data subjects
The data subject may exercise the following rights:
- to access to personal data, in the cases and in the ways referred to in art. 15 GDPR;
- the rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing of personal data, in the cases and ways referred to in Articles 16-18 of the Regulations; erasure is not permitted for the data included in the documents that must be kept by the Scuola to guarantee transparency in public activities;
- the portability of data, in the cases and in the ways referred to in art. 20 GDPR;
- to object to the processing, under article 21 GDPR;
- the right to submit a complaint to the Italian Data Protection Authority.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any further information, please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO), email: email@example.com.
Cookies created on a visitor's computer do not contain any personal identification data and do not compromise his or her privacy or security.
What types of cookies are there?
For the purposes of the provision of the Guarantor of privacy No. 229 of May 8, 2014, there are two main categories: "technical" cookies and "profiling" cookies.
1) Technical cookies are used only to "carry out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of a company service, of information explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service" (see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code for the Protection of Personal Data).
They may be divided as follows:
- session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website allowing, for example, authentication and access to restricted areas;
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies where used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate, on the number of users and how they visit the website;
- function cookies, which allow browsing according to a set of selected criteria (for example, language) in order to improve the service rendered.
- The use of technical cookies, usually installed by the website owner or manager, does not require the consent of the interested party.
2) Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown while surfing the net. Given the considerable invasiveness in the privacy of users, the European and Italian legislation requires that users be properly informed about their use and express their valid consent.
The use of profiling cookies requires the user's consent.
The provision of the Guarantor also distinguishes between website manager cookies and "third party" cookies, according to the different operators who install cookies on the user's terminal, depending on whether it is the manager of the website that the user is visiting (which may be synthetically indicated as "publisher") or a different website that installs cookies by means of the initial website (so-called "third-parties").
In this respect, the publisher is on the one hand the data controller of the cookies installed directly, and on the other, a technical intermediary between third parties and users. The publisher, however, is exempt from the obligation to provide information and obtain consent to their installation for cookies installed by "third parties".
What cookies does the School use?
The School uses the following types of cookies:
- session cookies: they are temporary and allow users access to personalized services and to take full advantage of the website's features.
- analysis cookies: with the help of Google, they allow the performance of visitors traffic analysis. The information thus gathered has no personal significance as the data are collected and analyzed anonymously. The School makes specific use of Google Analytics cookies in the manner shown on this page.
- social cookies: they are supplied directly from the social media domains that the santannapisa.it website hosts through links to official pages, sharing buttons and links. The use of these buttons involves the exchange of information with these websites, therefore the management of the information and how to eliminate it is regulated by them and the School encourages users to consult the respective privacy policies for each of the websites in question.
How to disable cookies?
One must know that if the cookies are blocked, the use of the www.santannapisa.itwebsite and of some services may be limited; browsing without tracking will be available in all of its features. The following are links on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer: managing cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: eliminating cookies; blocking website cookies
- Google Chrome: managing cookies
- Safari: managing cookies
It is possible to disable the cookies of Google Analytics by visiting the Google web page (Google GaOptOut) and downloading the plug-in for the browser used.